Favourite Byproducts of Hollywood

Talk about your favorite movies (or cartoons, if you still wear diapers lol ).

Moderator: Hatter Police

Favourite Byproducts of Hollywood

Postby TheCountess on Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:48 am

Seen any good movies lately? Who's your favourite actor? Actress?

Movie I last saw was "Brick". It was beautiful... Intense, fast paced, touching, a little confusing true, but perfect film noir. I've never really wanted to see "The Maltese Falcon" before but "Brick" pays homage to it so now I wanna see where my current favourite movie has its roots! That should be interesting...

Also good is "The Magician", an Aussie film about a hitman. I was a bit worried by the cover, since it led you to expect a potentially gory thriller and I'm not big on the whole horror thing (certified wuss... a friend picked this out cos I was making him watch "The Notebook"... Also a fantastic film.) But it wasn't scary at all... It was shot like this guy following this hitman around making a documentary while he worked. The body count was pretty low. And it was hilarious.

As for favourite actors/actresses... Joseph Gordon-Levitt (he's come a long way!) and Johnny Depp are major drawcards, Ewan McGregor is also a favourite, and when it comes to girls, Milla Jovovich comes out on top, and right at this moment I can't think of a second. I would've said Angeline Jolie but she's gone downhill since she hooked up with Mr. Pitt.

Recommendations? Comments?
TheCountess
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Cherokee_girl on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:55 pm

Last movie I watched was "Open Season". It was... interesting to say the least.

My favorite movies of all time, though, are a bit childish. I like the original "Aladdin" and "Beauty and the Beast".
I like Anime and Manga and Music and DOCTOR WHO!!
Cherokee_girl
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: Somewhere near central Kentucky, in a town that starts with a B.

Postby TheCountess on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:56 am

Well, when we're talking favourite movies of all time... "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", "Lilo and Stitch", and "Dumbo" are all right up there.
TheCountess
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Astarte on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:40 am

My favourite Hollywood byproduct is makeup. :D
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter