the aging of eggs.

My question, your advice

Moderator: Hatter Police

the aging of eggs.

Postby princess on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:10 pm

say i were to put some eggs in a cupboard, and leave them there.
can anyone tell me how long it will take before, if they are cracked open, they will smell bad?
i presume that the badness of the smell will increase with time, but is there a certain amount of time, at which the badness of smell will have reahed it's limit, and will no longer be able to increase in badness?

I have been saving some eggs for over two years now, and want to ensure that they have attained the worst possible smell before i use them. it would break my heart if i were to use them, only to discover later that they could have smelt worse, so please help me.
mew mew mew pur purr purrr mew mew lick
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby nil on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:10 am

If the egg is empty and clean, it shouldn't smell too bad, else the smell is instant.

Actually, the badness of the smell usually decrease with time, if not, you will get use to the bad smell and become desensitized; either way, you won't smell anything after a certain period of time (this might not apply to the friends you invite to your home)
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby princess on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:30 am

but if the egg is full and unbroken, the smell will be worse when i break it after more time goes by, right?! I'll cry if i open them to find a pleasant frangrance!!!!
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby hamster on Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:43 pm

princess wrote:but if the egg is full and unbroken, the smell will be worse when i break it after more time goes by, right?! I'll cry if i open them to find a pleasant frangrance!!!!

You'd cry?

Well, your tear ducts are safe, princess. The smell you crave would definitely be worse in a full and unbroken egg. :fire:
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby nil on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:42 am

Storing unbroken egg in a cupboard? :noclue: Hmmm.... you know it's illegal to manufacture and store bio-chemical weapons ?
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby hamster on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:18 pm

I've heard there are exceptions for people with concealed bio-chemical weapons permits.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby princess on Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:11 pm

uhoh. I don't have a permit! None of you people tell anyone I got them, ok? These eggs are very important to me!

And yes, I would cry if a nice smell came out I'm greatly relieved to know they'll smell nice and terrible.
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby hamster on Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:26 pm

In order to obtain a permit, you must drop three rusty nails and a snail shell into a bucket at the rundown Thneed factory where the Lorax used to live.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby princess on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:29 pm

oh, thanks! I'll do that! does the permit cost anything, and does it take long to be approved? do you know if i'll have to renew it each year?
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:54 pm

I don't know about the first two questions but you do have to renew it
about once ever thirty nine years
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Re: the aging of eggs.

Postby mouse on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:01 am

Hello,

I am sorry if my answer sounds too naive. I just got my brain, so I'm still not very good at it yet. But I want to help you answer your question. And in doing so I can exercise my little brain a little bit.

Anyway... one of my friend is a chicken. He used to be an egg but then he turned into a chicken. He said some of his friends (chickens of course) like to stay in the egg for a long long time, pretending to be asleep. And they continue to eat and to exercise inside the eggs. And when they finally broke out from the egg, they are as big as Godzilla.

So I just want to warn you that if you want to store egg in a cupboard, please be careful. Some of the eggs might turn into those Godzilla chicken and they might make you into their dinner. It's not funny to be eaten by a chicken. I know because one of my cousin was eaten by a chicken. He lived with my grandfather in mouse heaven now. I missed him very much.
mouse
Newbie Hatter
Newbie Hatter

Postby princess on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:03 pm

wow that was really helpful, i'm so grateful to mouse.
I've begun taking precautions against the possibility o a godzilla chicken coming out of my eggs one day.
Each morning, i make an offering to the eggs by placing feathers inside the cupboard door.
At midday, i stand before the cupboard and bow several times, very respectfully.
Ever evening, i set up my tape recorder inside the cupboard, with a tape of instructions to subconcious program the godzilla chickens. -you obey princess-you love princess-you obey princess-you eat only those whom princess instructs you-you faithfully do princes''s bidding-you destory many cities, but not tokyo-you obey princess- and so forth.
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby TheCountess on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:13 pm

that is ingenious. I also reckon there should be some heavy deadbolts on the door. I bet they'll be too weak to start rampaging for at least, oh, five minutes after hatching. Deadbolts will keep them in and give you time to activate the mind control tape again if necessary.
I will holler you Home
TheCountess
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby lifeis42 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:29 pm

put people yuou dont like in a pin next to the cubord so that if your security fails and the godzilla chicken escapes it will eat them and you can escape
trancendentalism thats the way to go
lifeis42
Crazy Hatter
Crazy Hatter

Postby Insanity test on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:43 pm

feindish, cunning ...

i like it!
--/:Out of cheese Error:/--

Please shutdown Universe and reboot from Start.
Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: A small blue green planet on the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way.

Next