Spring break 2007

A place to welcome new, return and extincted members. Also a place to say Hello, Merry Xmas, Happy New Year and such.

Moderator: Hatter Police

Spring break 2007

Postby Pimienta on Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:40 pm

Since it's about time for spring break for all those who are in school
I thought I would start this topic

so how is everyone's spring break?
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby Astarte on Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:34 am

The school kid's here get two weeks vacation over Easter.
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:41 pm

two weeks for spring break
wow that would be cool
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby Astarte on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:57 pm

:lol:

It's Autumn break for us!

How long do you guys get?
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Cherokee_girl on Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:02 pm

one week
I like Anime and Manga and Music and DOCTOR WHO!!
Cherokee_girl
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: Somewhere near central Kentucky, in a town that starts with a B.

Postby Symphonious on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:51 pm

My spring break has been. . . busy. . .

The upstairs to our house was a pig sty, and my sister moved out, so her room was a mess too, so I decided to clean it by myself 'cause no one would help me. . . :x

My trip to Toronto was Hell in a handbasket. . . our flight was cancelled in Chicago, (we switched planes a lot!) so we took a train from Chicago to Buffalo -- that took 13 hours. But, at the airport, they said if your final destination wasn't Chicago, they were sending your luggage on anyway! WTF?! Then, it was just a short, 2-hour drive from Buffalo to Toronto.

We check into our hotel, and they make us pay for the extra night ( :x ) 'cause we were supposed to be there a day before. Then, we go and check me in for the competition @ the Sheraton Center. The. . . we'll say 'nice lady' . . . there said I couldn't compete 'cause I had a cut in my music, when it wasn't a problem the last two times I competed. . . AARGH!!
But, there was this nice, old man there, so he got the head of MTNA on the phone, who then OK'd the cut. (I did NOT like that woman!!)

To the practice session, we go! In yet ANOTHER building. . . (whose absolutely GENIUS idea was that?!) Practice went well. The accompanist was nice, so that kinda helped me out, 'cause my mom & I were stressed out the entire time. . .

Then, the next day I compete in the morning & come back for the awards ceremony. There were 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places, and I didn't get any of them. Ah, well, you can't win everything. . .

My family made an agreement -- if I didn't win, then we'd drive to Buffalo, get a room there, and maybe get our luggage back. The next morning we leave for the airport (across the street) and come back home. No problems flying back. I'm just happy to be home again.

Needless to say, I'm WHOOPED. Cherokee_girl, expect me to say that "I'm tired" in band on Monday.
Symphonious
Grand Hatter
Grand Hatter

Postby princess on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:33 am

where i live, its autumn, and i'm too old for school anyway. but i plan to go to university soon.
so, anyway, im also unemployed at the moment, so it is constantly holidays for me!
I am fortunate, and enjoy myself greatly by appeasing whatever random whims attack me. life is good.
mew mew mew pur purr purrr mew mew lick
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Symphonious on Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:21 pm

I just read the judges' comments that they gave me, and they didn't think I was half bad. That kinda helps me out. . . :wink:

One of the judges was a flutist, so she gave me, like, two pages of scribbles & helpful comments. One of the other judges barely wrote anyting at all, but he continued to glare at me the entire time I was playing. The last judge was nice -- he was the only one out of the three of them who ever smiled. Creepy. . .

Still tired. I'm sleeping for the rest of my vacation (today). . .
Symphonious
Grand Hatter
Grand Hatter

Postby nil on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:36 am

I like judges who wrote long comments, you can tell they are paying attention, as for the others, you always wonder whether they were thinking about lunch or dreaming about they upcoming vacations.

As for the topic of spring breaks, spring break here was a long gone history (it was 2 weeks ago). I guess there is a time zone difference between Canada & US--a 14 days time difference...
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster