once again i say hi

A place to welcome new, return and extincted members. Also a place to say Hello, Merry Xmas, Happy New Year and such.

Moderator: Hatter Police

once again i say hi

Postby Mysti on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:09 am

hey its me again, and soon (march,just after my own birthday) there will be a little mad hatter for me to love. im pregnant with a little baby girl! and hopfully when she grows up she will be as sane as i am! :lol:

hope everyone i remember is still here after all this time, so say CRACKERS if you are here.... :P
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Re: once again i say hi

Postby Bomadeno on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Gromit... we forgot the CRACKERS

That's amazing news! Will giving birth to a baby with a hat be more painful than usual?

As usual everything is eerily quiet here. But I imagine some people will soon drift by wearing hats of yore. And I'm semolina. Semolina = is semi here. I just thought they sounded so similar I'd go ahead and make one to the other... in hindsight it was not a great idea.

How to give birth easily >> :gotyou:
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Mysti on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:18 pm

egads! so i need a giant feather to guide me through labour! :o

i would imagine it depends on the type of hat. a skull cap should not be a problem but a top hat on the other hand.... :? hmm where is that feather when i need it....

every time i come here it is v quiet and....abandonded...just like the name... :|

i need some CHEESE for my CRACKERS.
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:50 am

I'm here, and not being abandoned. I'm pretty lively but also preoccupied by an assignment which is looming over my head, but is easily distracted from (it's very hard :( ) so I will probably cruise through here more often than I should be. I also rely too heavily on the email alerts to remind me to check here! If i don't get any then I drowse off under my rug and drink cocoa and dream of assignments taking over the world.

But despite abandonment the sheer quantity and quality of knowledge gives a good flow of new users (approximately 3 per year, since the original burst of 40 in two days).
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:57 pm

I'm here sometimes. I've been quite busy (well maybe not). I am currently staying at home to watch my child and another child which is a horror on mondays after spending a weekend being spoiled by his mother.
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby Mysti on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:28 pm

how long will it take for me to get to Pretty Inspired Hatter at the rate i am posting at,i wonder? maybe another decade? :?
is it 1000 or 2000 posts that make one Pretty Inspired? considering it took since 2005 to get this far...300 or so...it will be forever :cry:
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:13 pm

If I remember rightly, it's actually not too high. I've been pretty inspired for approximately 6 years. nil deliberately made it 'impossible' (he claimed very hard I think) to get beyond pretty inspired - in fact I sometimes wonder if there is any higher grade. We're actually just rats in an experiment cage - nil knows we can't resist getting a new state :twisted:
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Mysti on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:49 pm

i always assumed it ended at Pretty Inspired. hmm the thought that there may be something beyond is intriguing.... :shock:
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Maybe at 3000 posts... That's still quite a way off, although I could go to the spam bin and post the bible one word per post. Or war and peace etc, anything of that sort. Really only needs 300 words, so I could even go for some light poetry. how many words are in the bible anyway :?:
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Mysti on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:25 pm

maybe i can spam my way to being Pretty Inspired...or revive some old posts from yonks and donks ago... :?
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:54 pm

MEDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC

Reviving posts isn't a bad idea, starting new ones isn't either. But then we're all too attached to the old ones to bother starting new ones these days... (too attached or too lazy to think which forum to put things in :o )
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Mysti on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Some posts are very good to revive, others are not and shall stay quiet and unlooked at, covered in a thin layer of dust.
It is true that no-one starts new threads anymore, but sometimes when there are old threads that say the same thing you want to say it is better to use that one that start a fresh one.

I thought i heard my phones ring tone (Bananaphone in case you wondered) but alas, I did not.
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:26 pm

Can you revive posts? If you can't, I should be able to, so just ask if you think some resususususitation is necessary and I will do the deed. Bananaphone as a ringtone sounds heinous... I'm a traditionalist, and if I could find a "ring ring" then I would use it... (sadly phones don't come with it these days)
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Mysti on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:32 pm

ah! but Bananaphone does have a ring....
as in ¨Ring ring ring ring ring Banana Phone!¨ :P
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby nil on Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:56 am

I noticed that when I'm not looking, the forum suddenly becomes lively. And people start to producing babies.. conquering the world with their offspring ... forging it into something we have never seen before. I shall remain invisible and evasive. The world will prosper better without me.

Anyway welcome back :hi:

As discreetly as I can, I will answer the above unanswered questions: I've no clue how many posts it will take to become who-know-what... that was eons ago. I'm sure there was a setting somewhere, and a large and sinister number loomed in the deep cave of forgotten variables. Age washed away my memory, I'm no longer in control, it's the time for the new generation to rise up in the background music of Bananaphone ring ringing....

*nil faded back into evasiveness*......
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Next