Disturbing dream last night..

In this forum, our members can get free dream interpretation service through our on-board professional dream interpretor.

Moderator: Hatter Police

Disturbing dream last night..

Postby inthedark on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:22 pm

I had a dream that I was hanging out with my ex boyfriend (as in first boyfriend, not my last ex) and we were hanging out at some lady's house who wasn't home. We were talking and he was not having anything to talk much about as usual, just immature talk really. So in my dream, everything suddenly goes dark then I wake up with him on top of me.. I think you can figure out the rest and I said "What are you doing?" and he just looked at me and kept going, but I wasn't in complete shock for some reason. (Keep in mind, we never had sex we had messed around before but not like that) So, It blacked out again. It was like the whole story started all over again, talked, blacked out to him goin at it with me, then finally I say "What the hell are you doing?!" and he told me to "hold on" and kept going and just stared. It cut to the same scene as before and for some reason this time I remembered on how he had raped me twice, but I wasn't sure. I told him "You've been drugging me haven't you?" And him being his immature self as usual said "I dunnooo. Maaaaybe ;)" I yelled at him to tell me what the hell is going on. And he just sat there and looked at me, nothing else. Kind of like nothing bothered him about anything. Then I woke up..

The only thing I can say relating to this is that I absolutely do not have feelings for him (obviously) and aren't "looking" anyways. He recently started talking to me again but neither of us are on either a friendship level with each other. We just talk every now and then if we see each other online to catch up with our friends gossip or whatever. So I have NO clue what this dream meant, and it kind of scares me.

I've also never been molested or sexually abused in any way or seen it/had someone close experience at all, which is why I probably didn't do anything about it in the dream the either time he was on top of me.

Help? :(
inthedark
Baby Hatter
Baby Hatter

Re: Disturbing dream last night..

Postby inthedark on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:38 pm

No one can help..? :shake:
inthedark
Baby Hatter
Baby Hatter

Postby lifeis42 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:10 am

umm sometimes dreams often are a mix of feelings thought and events . what im saying is if you had some very stressful or trumatic events or changed something your body thought was normal or you hthought something realy wierd before you went to bed or just all of the above

it may have to do with him just starting to talk to you agian
trancendentalism thats the way to go
lifeis42
Crazy Hatter
Crazy Hatter

Postby inthedark on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks for the answer. Something was better than nothing. :)
inthedark
Baby Hatter
Baby Hatter

Postby lifeis42 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:53 pm

your welcome i hope it helped maybe even the slightest bit
trancendentalism thats the way to go
lifeis42
Crazy Hatter
Crazy Hatter

Postby Lugus on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 pm

In most of the dreams that I look at, the dream people do not represent real people but, instead, are symbols from the unconscious. So it is with this dream.

When I interpret a dream, I will typically use the theories of the late Swiss psychologist Carl Jung. In Jungian (or Analytical Psychology), many of the dream people, animals, things and even events are symbols of archetypes from the collective unconscious.

In this particular dream, the lady, who was the owner of the house, is probably an archetype. With so little information, it is difficult to identify which archetype she is. She might be the shadow or perhaps the mother archetype or even the Wise Old Woman. Or, she might be someone entirely different.

However, your ex boyfriend is easier to identify. He is almost certainly a symbol of your animus.

A Jungian would probably say that he is a symbol of the first stage of the animus. Using the theories of Carl Jung, the animus is an archetype from the collective unconscious. The animus is always male and is only found in the dreams (and psyche) of women. During the course of many dreams, the animus can potentially go through four stages of development.

1. Stage 1 -- The animus is the physical man. At his best, he is the muscular hero who saves the maiden in distress. At his worst, he is a materialistic brute who is only interested in his own self-gratification.
2. Stage 2 -- At this stage, the animus is either the romantic lover or the man of action.
3. Stage 3 -- At the third stage, he is a man with a message. Common symbols for the animus at this stage would be a politician, a preacher or a professor.
4. Stage 4 -- At the fourth and final stage, the animus becomes a spiritual guide for the dreamer. Although he is a guide, he may not always be a religious figure. The animus could appear as a wide range of different men. This would include (but not limited to) the Dalia Lama or Carl Jung. And, I believe that the animus at this stage will sometimes show himself as mythological or pagan deity. Examples would be Odin or Loki who would most commonly show themselves in the dreams of women with northern European ancestry.

Your animus appears to be at the first stage of development. However, trying to determine the stage can be a little tricky and is not always obvious.

Also, as you wrote, you and your ex were at a lady’s house but she was not there. To me, this has a couple of possible meanings. It could be that she went “somewhere” and is working behind the scenes (you might say). She is trying to help you even though she is not seen in this dream. Another possibility is that your ex scared her off. (In many of the dreams that I look at, a dream person is often violent to others in the dream.) And, it may be that she is both fearful of your ex and is trying to help you at the same time.

However, because it is her house, it may be that she had something to do with your being with your ex. The lady is doing what she can to help you. But, unfortunately, your animus has not yet grown into a more mature/developed animus.

&&&&

OK – now that we have identified the animus, what can you do to help him develop? Actually, you have already taken a giant step in the right direction. You are listening to your dreams and are trying to understand what they mean. Many people do not even do this.

As you listen to your dreams, the dreams will become more helpful and the people in them will invariably become more civilized.

Hope this helps,
Lugus
Lugus
Baby Hatter
Baby Hatter

Postby inthedark on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks, Lugus.

I listen to my dreams because I believe every one has an underlying meaning, whether it's what I think it means or not. I've had some extremely weird experiences throughout my life and some of my dreams are just as meaningful, in my opinion.

But thanks for the insight. I probably would have never looked at it that way. Though it could really mean anything from everyday things to social troubles, it's always nice to get a few more second opinions :)
inthedark
Baby Hatter
Baby Hatter