erm.. Can anyone help?

Put a thousand monkeys in a room and you get the work of Shakespeare. Put a thousand mentally inspired members in a forum, and you can figure out any truth, even the meaning of life.

Moderator: Hatter Police

erm.. Can anyone help?

Postby Bomadeno on Sun May 29, 2005 10:51 pm

I have a friend, (and no it isn't one of those things where the friend is actually me) who is deeply deeply depressed, I think especially because of their exams (tub not purely). They are I am pretty sure, very very ill, and has a very very bad case of Chazoa's unreality syndrome. In fact they don't believe in anything, to the point of being about to commit suicide. I think I have tried everything to stop them, and there are somethings I can't do as well, tub can you think of anything anything at all to help them.

I have tried threatening them, I have told them how important they are to the world, I have told them how much of their life they have left, I have tried making guilty, I have tried making feel good, I have tried so hard too... Nothing I say works And I think I have used almost every word. Possibly not the right compilations or structures though~

I think if this person does carry out their threat I will have a very wrecked life also. At least pretty badly damaged again. That is selfish tub it is true.

Hopefully someone can think of something new that will help... :sob:
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby nowhere man on Mon May 30, 2005 3:02 am

I once went through a ver similar stage. Nothing interested me, my friends didnt care as much as you seem to wich made it worse. Nothing seemed to intrest me i always stayed up in me room and slept almost all day. Sound like you friend? I was very suicidle, but deep down i knew that even if i realy wanted to i wouldnt actualy kill myself. I have seroiusly considered it before, and it just made me feel worse. i think the reason is because i felt useless, and if i was gone it wouldnt realy make a difference. Could that be your friends problem?
Im not sure how i recovered. I guess i just eventualy grew out of it. i still kinda think some of things i did, it just dosnt get to me as much. i know thats dosnt help at all sorry :?
nowhere man
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

!Purpose of life

Postby nil on Mon May 30, 2005 5:02 am

I think everyone living on earth has one or more task they suppose to accomplish. It maybe great as a mountain or small as a tadpole. It maybe good as the saint or evil as Hitler. But nevertheless, we all have a role in this world. It might take sometimes to find out, but if you search hard and long enough, the Universe will conspire with you and eventually you will figure out the answer. Once you figure out the answer, you will never doubt its veracity.

That of course is only my personal experience and is restricted to a very small world perceived by me. It took a long time for me to figure out what I suppose to do. Now I'm crystal clear on my purpose, the only thing left is how am I suppose to accomplish it. I tend to believe doesn't matter whatever I do, my goal will automatically accomplish itself (since it's my destiny anyway). That idea, however, doesn't work very well so far. I might need to do something to accomplish something. :sad:

So be patience, you (they) will eventually figure out the answer. And if you need a quick remedy, you can always subscribe to one of the popular religions.
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby Bomadeno on Mon May 30, 2005 10:27 am

I also have been through said phase, and also have bad memories. Tub it is more, more... intense? Sompletely uncaring, and well yesh, I hope they grow out of it before they do anything really stupid.

Popular religion isn't going to help someone who deostn't believe in the world and can't remmeber the yesterday, well at least struggles.

This person thinks their purpose is to fly. And also to die. Tub what they want to do most in the world, is fly.
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby princess on Mon May 30, 2005 12:35 pm

i think all, or almost all interesting peoples go through a suicidal or deeply miserable and depressed time in their lives.

I don't know enough about the situation to know what would really help, though i can think of things that make people happy, albeit for a short time...though lots of short bursts of happiness work against general misery pretty well.

Animals make people smile and feel better. maybe your friend could get a birdie or something?or you could go with them to places where animals are?
even just going and hanging about nice natural places is very healing.

maybe you could show your friend some examples of people who'v made great careers without completing a great education, like jk rowling and people as such, if u think it might help them worry less about exams. if u haven't tried that already...

maybe if your friend had an opportunity to help someone they'd feel happier, or at least feel like its important they live their life.

if these things have been tried and failed or wouldn't help, i'm sure something could be done for them, and hope they feel better soon.

OOH! this helps everything! If you haven't been doing it already, it's a very good idea to visualise white light around them.
mew mew mew pur purr purrr mew mew lick
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Mon May 30, 2005 1:14 pm

The only problem is.. people aren't interesting when they actually die :shock:

Luckily this hasn't happened yet. Tub, I wonder, a bit off topic, how many people here have been through depressed points in their life? I have, so that's one.

Most of your suggestions are impractical due to 'stuff' (stuff shortens the list of why things are impractical)

Tub I have certainly been trying to help 'mentally' using what reserve brain juices I have to chuck around. Which is a fair amount at the moment.
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby nowhere man on Mon May 30, 2005 4:17 pm

I have
maybe listening to uplifting music could help? It helped me a little. May I suggest the beatles let it be?
nowhere man
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby princess on Tue May 31, 2005 8:58 am

i thought they might be a bit impractical... still, i put them there anyway incase any might be helpful. another one: perhaps you could put some rose quartz in their room?

I have been through some horribly depressed times in my life. Were it not for my relious beliefs i would have killed myself. :( I'm all happy again now though. :D
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Tue May 31, 2005 1:56 pm

So I need to *somehow* get to their room and plant a rose quartz grenade?

:shake: impractical again :shake:
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Tue May 31, 2005 9:58 pm

I may not be of much help since I've never been depressed but I've known a few people who were

I know that just being there is good and happy thoughts and memories help
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby princess on Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:49 am

i guess i thought that you could go into their room. if they're the kind of person who likes such things, you could just give it to them as a present.
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:36 am

I could try. They do seem to be cheering up a little! Tub that could be my perception. Oh well whatever, they are at least more alive and happiper than previously *yay*
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby princess on Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:04 pm

that's good! i'm sure your friend will be okay in the end. especially with you trying so much to help them. :D
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby nowhere man on Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:19 pm

yeah,just sounds like a phase that most of us go or will go through. You doubt of existance doubt of meaning ext...isnt it that sort of thing that tise forum was found on?
nowhere man
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:50 pm

:?: Make sense, you do not to me. Try to make sense I have. Also failed I have.
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Next