what is/are your opinion(s) on internet dating?

A place to argue, to talk. No violence is allowed. Any violator will be violently punished.

Moderator: Hatter Police

Postby Chazoa on Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:43 pm

More of a survey but if you need to debate it that's cool 2
Chazoa
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:27 pm

I have had long disatance relationships before. They are really hard to maintain. But I met them in person at a camp, not over the internet...
Our heads are round - So that our thoughts may fly out in all directions.

Even the greatest of whales is helpless in the desert.
Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:29 pm

well there always is that trust issue
you also have no idea what the person is like
you don't know most of their habits
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:40 pm

they could be a completely differnt person that they say they are. I would guess that if you had to pay to use the site, There might be a bit more accuracy to the data, but that is only a guess....

Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Chazoa on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:59 pm

I agree. It's so easy to lie on the internet. Never able to know. Of course there is ALWAYS an exception to everything, every rule and every doubt. That is the only rule WITHOUT an exception.
Chazoa
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby princess on Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:34 am

i think it's a pretty poxy way to meet people.
mew mew mew pur purr purrr mew mew lick
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Chazoa on Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:28 pm

You have to be pretty ignorant to fall for the Internet Dating sh*t.

I'm not Ignorant, I'm Insane... A difference. Of course if you all are willing to get raped by some paranoid Micheal Jackson Look-alike then go ahead and do that sh*t.
Chazoa
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:57 pm

hmmmm, someone sounds like they at a little angry at internet dating. There are some relationships that last. but they are by far in the minority.... y r u angry?

Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Chazoa on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:00 pm

the ignorance of these people. I'm getting tired of people wanting me to do this stuff with them, constantly asking. Even over online games anymore. It's pathetic.

But mostly I just hate the world and everyone in it for some reason...
Chazoa
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:30 pm

I play a few online games... and many a time i have been asked to be peoples 'bf' or husband. Usually I find that the best way to get rid of them is make yourself completely unattractive to the person who is talking to you.

For example, telling people you are gay, that you are 67, or that you are a celebat monk, often puts them off.

Internet *relationships* however, are not a bad thing. Its only when a relationship becomes boyfriend/girlfriend or sexually orientated (now calling these... e-dating for shortenings sake) that they become bad. I have a few friends I speak to regularly on the internet, who as far as I need to know, I can trust. I will never meet them or see them, tub why would you need to with a friend?

With e-dating however, the implication is that sooner or later you will meet the person in question. Not only is this very dangerous, it could ruin the former friendship. And before its pointed out that the partners could never meet, much of the points of having a partner, is the physicality of the relationship. So any e-dating is likely to break down fairly fast anyway.

Also, in general - yes i have actually been doing a survey! :shock: the people who ask you to date them, are nervous, 12-14 year olds who think it is the best way to earn the respect of their friends. They don't seriously know the meaning of e-dating, and particiapte in it for their own esteem. So kicking the questioner back can lead to more anxiety in them when it comes to a real realtionship with a real person. So possibly the best course of action is to explain this to them?

Nevertheless it will continue to annoy others - and particularly women. It seem that males are more likely to be on the hunt than females.

I found out a few other things too... tub I've forgotten most of them.
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:34 am

you hit the head right on the nail... or somthing.

I agree with bomadeno completely
Last edited by Math_nerd on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Chazoa on Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:28 am

I totally agree with that (what a wonderful speech *claps*)

And yes, I agree, it is mostly 12-14 year olds. Yet... I see people that are as old as 20 or so and complicated by that.

Besides, often the people that you can meet on teh internet are... *looks in every direction...* NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! wooooooooooooooooooooooo. Nerdy nerds with absolutely no life what-soever...

Of course there are the 'socially inept', and the 'bored as hell with nothing better to do(*raises hand*)'.

But of course... You can't realy make someone that is sinking that low any more un-happy without them commiting suicide... Sad really. Damn suicidals...

Wait what was the whole point of what I just wrote? <_<

I want to have everyone's opinion here, not just like... 4 people. At least... 15 or so. This isn't even a debate right now.

PPLS MUST DEBATE!
Chazoa
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:19 am

Chazoa wrote: Yet... I see people that are as old as 20 or so and complicated by that.

:sad: One of my friends dads got into it and broke up his family for a woman from Romania... I wonder if he knows how much his children hate him.

Chazoa wrote:But of course... You can't realy make someone that is sinking that low any more un-happy without them commiting suicide... Sad really. Damn suicidals...

If you are trying to say here that the only way of helping people who are low is by letting them commit suicide, you got yourself a debate!

Tub I may have misinterpretted you. Before I unsling my debating cannons, I give you a chance to clarify.
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Chazoa on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:23 am

I'm saying... someone who is that low and pathetic and sad, cannot be emotionally hurt little enough for them to NOT commit suicide. At that point when they are relying on the internet they can pretty much be noted as suicidal.
Chazoa
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:27 am

*unslings cannon*

I as I think i've pointed out before somewhere have been such a person...

Usually I have people I turn to, whther they are bean friends :D or just buddies, tub sometimes there is noone to talk to... In that way the internet has saved my life before. Does the fact I am speaking from experience instantly nulify your side of the debate?
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Next