Recurring Themes

Favorite sites, games, or whatever

Moderator: Hatter Police

Recurring Themes

Postby Astarte on Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:00 am

This anime movie "Metroplois" is based on a comic:
Set in the future, Metropolis is a grand city-state populated by humans and robots, the cohabitants of a strictly segmented society. Amidst the chaos created by anti-robot factions, detective Hunsaku Ban and his sidekick Ken-ichi are searching for rebel scientist Dr. Laughton. But when they locate him, his secret laboratory is destroyed by fire under sinister circumstances, and instead Ken-ichi finds Tima, a beautiful young girl bereft of memory and speech, seemingly helpless at the site. Little does he know that Tima is a new top-of the-line android created to take over Metropolis, and that behind her creation lie the ambitions of a powerful man and his fierce desire to reclaim a tragic figure from his past.

Which in turn is based on the old 1927 black and white, silent movie "Metropolis" directed by Fritz Lang.
http://www.persocom.com.br/brasilia/metropo.htm
This was an amazing movie for its time. It was re-released a while ago with a soundtrack by British group "Queen"

Which finds it roots in the ballet "Swan Lake"

Which is derived from..................?

The recurring theme is the evil character of Rotbart or Red Beard and two identical women, one good, one evil.

It's a great story in any form. Has anybody, apart from me, seen them??
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Insanity test on Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:49 pm

It wasn't exactly a re-release, they just thought it looked cool for their song vid Radio Gaga. 8)

No, sorry I have not sen any of the metropolises. But I have seen Swan lake. :)
--/:Out of cheese Error:/--

Please shutdown Universe and reboot from Start.
Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: A small blue green planet on the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way.

Postby Astarte on Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:44 pm

Insanity test wrote:No, sorry I have not sen any of the metropolises.

You had me going for a minute! :lol:
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby nil on Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:51 am

I've seen the 1927 version of Metropolis (yes, I'm that old). They didn't even have sounds for that movie yet. They only have music, and the dialogues are displayed on screen. It's kind of neat. Pretty impressive for an eighty years old movie.

As for the animated version, the DVD is still sitting on my bookshelf. I don't have time to watch it yet.

I just watched Steam Boy. I think it's a master piece. The story is about the fight to control the "super power steam ball", and whether it will help mankinds or destory their future.
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster