Christianity vs. all other religions!

A place to argue, to talk. No violence is allowed. Any violator will be violently punished.

Moderator: Hatter Police

What religion are you?

Baptist Christian
38%
Catholic Christian
23%
Muslim
No votes
Other, If other post what yours is.
38%

Total votes : 13

Christianity vs. all other religions!

Postby richmanawesome-bn on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:47 pm

If you're not a baptist Christian than you're in the dark. you've been misled. you're going down the wrong path! If you disagree tell me why and tell me your religion and tell me proof of your religion being real! as for me here's two proofs that the Bible is true. The Grand Canyon and Sightings of Noah's Ark! They were both signs of the flood.
richmanawesome-bn

Postby hamster on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:26 pm

Tad bit preachy, my friend. I truly hope that your faith is not based upon the "proofs" of the Grand Canyon and the alleged discovery of a fossilized Noah's ark.

Else you are in for a shock when you hit the buzz saw of higher education.

When you do hit that moment of crisis, please remember that we had this discussion and that I told you that the validity of faith lies in a realm so much more profound than any proof from a hole in the ground or a ledge on a mountain.

At that point, you may find comfort in a great Christian thinker, CS Lewis, whose attitude never appears to be spoiling for a fight.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby lycan on Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:36 am

wow i am afraid i am not in agreement with u my friend i mean i dont
belong to any religon and heck i am completly happy i mean i believe in
god but i dont think i need to be in a church or part of one religion to
have him with me in every day life it just seems kinda pointless and i dont
think that the grand canyon is proof of any flood i mean it took thousands
of years for it to be carved and plate techtonics is one other thing that
helped it along but i dont remeber anything about a flood but ok

and as for the ark i think they have found remenaces of it but that doesnt
mean that the bible is right i mean we all came from the same two ppl
that is destressing and i thing that it is a little far fecthed because that
means we are all inbread and i dont like the thought of that
but u r entittled to your own oppinion
but me no religion and a strong believer in god and his son
if we all have a special someone then they should just show themselfs sooner so we dont have to look so hard
lycan
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:36 am

lycan wrote:...i dont think that the grand canyon is proof of any flood i mean it took thousands of years for it to be carved and plate techtonics is one other thing that helped it along but i dont remeber anything about a flood but ok

hmmmm. Well, although the grand canyon is nor proof, it is definately a big cut in the ground caused by erosion. the popular therory is that it took a long time to be carved. It is possable that a lot of water at one time could have done the same thing. The reson the "long time" theory is popular is because it explains natrual phenominon discounting the existance of god rather than accepting it. And NOBODY thinks it has anything to do with plate tectonics unless they are crazy or the weekly world news.

...i mean we all came from the same two ppl
that is destressing and i thing that it is a little far fecthed because that
means we are all inbread and i dont like the thought of that

Ha Ha! that we have come from one woman has been geneticly proven by extremaly anit-christian organisations useing DNA comparisons(eve). It has alsom been thorized using the smae evidnace that after this first woman, there was another woman that was one of a vary few woman and we are all desendance of her (noah's wife). this second bloodline is not as pure, accounting for Noah's son's wives, related only to noahs wife through eve. So you had better get used to the idea, says National Geographic.

But as for richmanawsome, sightings of an old wooden building that looks like a boat and a river at the bottem of a big dich are vary poor "proofs" of a world wide flood. Both are extreemly ealsily dissmissed. You would better use your time researching the exact flaws in evolution or the advanced physics of the subatomic partical, i.e. string theory, so as to suggest the existance of God by prossess of eliminataion. You will never be able to PROVE the existance of God. So stop trying. And, by the way, the flood is vary old testiment. You could be arguing for judism with thoughs poorly thought out arguments. And yes, I am a proud hater of America. just ask ol' george w. :noway:
Our heads are round - So that our thoughts may fly out in all directions.

Even the greatest of whales is helpless in the desert.
Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby richmanawesome-bn on Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:30 am

Actually, you can prove the existance of God. First, name one object you own that nobody created, or came from nowhere. Can you? I didn't think so. For every action, there is a cause. What is the cause of this universe? The Big Bang? It is a law of physics that energy always moves from a greater state to a lesser state. (entropy) In order to believe in evoloution, you must acnowledge that at on time in the universe's existance, all the laws of physics were suspended at one time. This is oviously impossible. String theory tries to reconcile this by claiming 13 parallel universes, but this is VERY hypothetical. Anyway, God exists becuase the universe had to have some sort of begining. Don't try to ask the smart aleck question "who created God?" The laws of the universe do not apply outside of the universe. God does not have to begining becuase he is from outside this universe. PWND!! :lol:
richmanawesome-bn

Postby nowhere man on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:46 pm

Now, I think we should be respectfull of other peoples religions, no matter what they are. If you don't agree with them fine, but don't tell them their religion is dumb.
nowhere man
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:35 pm

once again, richmanawesome-bn, you have disided that your deductions are true without proof. It is impossable to porve that god exists. Suspending the "laws" of physics? There is so much we don't understand about why things happen that you cannot possably understand (because noone understands it) al of the laws of physics. The laws of physics as we know them only apply to what we can see i.e. vary little. Our field of vision is similar to a one celled organism in a pertri dish, never to see the light of day. How could it define all of the laws of life? It couldn't. Science has gotten extreeemly good in the past years explaining possabilitys that do not include God. And, for our limmited knowlage, it is immposable ignore all parts of any theory.

Anyway, could you explain to us what laws would have to be suspended and why for evolution to work? I would like spisifics. :evil:
Our heads are round - So that our thoughts may fly out in all directions.

Even the greatest of whales is helpless in the desert.
Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby nowhere man on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:30 am

I am a christian. but even i think thats its ignorant to claim that god defintly exists and theres no possible way he could not. I do belaive in god. But faith is the main thing that matters, there dosnt have to be proof. Thats the whole point. Your "proof" makes no sense. This is a foolish and stupid argument. Could god have created the big bang or evolution. I dont see why not.

Anyway, God exists becuase the universe had to have some sort of begining. Don't try to ask the smart aleck question "who created God?" The laws of the universe do not apply outside of the universe.

That is very hypocritical, that quote makes just as mutch sense as the theories of evolution and the bug bang.
nowhere man
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:42 am

nowhere man wrote:Now, I think we should be respectfull of other peoples religions, no matter what they are. If you don't agree with them fine, but don't tell them their religion is dumb.

...I agree

That aside, I am a Christian, but i follow the christian way of life only because it makes sense, and the morals and ethics of an ideal christian seem to be very good for making other people happy. (and seeing other people happy gives me kicks :P ) (and i make the christian morals up sometimes, because some of them really are silly :D )

As a church going christian, i can honestly say i don't believe in God. I can't see how God 'makes sense', its all too perfect, too easy. And although it seems like a repeated arguement, if God were real, surely we'd see his effect around here a little more often (although some will say that we do). Despite not believing in God, i would like at some point in my life to 'find' God - because i'm scared of things i don't understand :lol: (and i dont understand death)
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby lycan on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:07 am

ok i agree
but wait are we even aloud to debate ppls religions on here i mean isnt
that just telling us what to think
if we all have a special someone then they should just show themselfs sooner so we dont have to look so hard
lycan
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:32 am

Yes, debating religions is fine, and making your viewpoint known is alsio found. However, trying to bludgeon people into following your religion would not be ok. e.g.

Acceptable: I believe in God, i believe He is is the true path and that if i do not follow God i will be sent to hell, so i follow God.

Not-acceptable: You must believe in God, if you don't follow His path you will be sent to hell, so follow God now!

I think thats reasonable?
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:37 pm

Bomadeno wrote:That aside, I am a Christian, but i follow the christian way of life only because it makes sense, and the morals and ethics of an ideal christian seem to be very good for making other people happy. (and seeing other people happy gives me kicks :P ) (and i make the christian morals up sometimes, because some of them really are silly :D )

I am in agreement with you

I don't think we should offend anybody and telling them that they are completely wrong is usually offending
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby hamster on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:48 pm

Pimienta wrote:
Bomadeno wrote:That aside, I am a Christian, but i follow the christian way of life only because it makes sense, and the morals and ethics of an ideal christian seem to be very good for making other people happy. (and seeing other people happy gives me kicks :P ) (and i make the christian morals up sometimes, because some of them really are silly :D )

I am in agreement with you

I don't think we should offend anybody and telling them that they are completely wrong is usually offending

I will never forget the story of the devout Texas Christian preacher who decided he knew enough about Christianity to out-argue any Muslim on the subject. He bragged about his knowledge. He challenged any Muslim to take him on, theologically.

He's now a Muslim.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:49 pm

:lol:
That's a nice chuckle
I have questioned everything I know and have come up with the answer to my faith
I believe in Christ for the hope it gives me and I follow his ways for the satisfaction of seeing a smile on another's face
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby hamster on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:52 pm

Pimienta wrote::lol:
That's a nice chuckle
I have questioned everything I know and have come up with the answer to my faith
I believe in Christ for the hope it gives me and I follow his ways for the satisfaction of seeing a smile on another's face

That seems to be far more in line with the Master's way of thinking than some kind of bash-one-in-the-head theological bragging.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Next