How far should you go to protect your country?

A place to argue, to talk. No violence is allowed. Any violator will be violently punished.

Moderator: Hatter Police

How far should you go to protect your country?

Postby Mysti on Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:52 pm

This is all encompassing, so any sorts of things from size of armies, to the events that occur in Guantanamo Bay could be used to put your point of view across.

Discuss.
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:45 am

I think it depends on the country but no matter what it shouldn't be something that falls under the 8th amendment
war is also bad but I guess it is something we need
because without it how will we Appreciate peace
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

To Protect a country

Postby nil on Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:07 am

How to protect a country is about the same as how to protect yourself.

Bringing a stick to the street may make you feel safer. But if you hit somebody else with a stick for no good reason, you are not making yourself safer, you are actually making yourself more unsafe. The more people you piss off with you stick, the more unsafe you become...

Of course, if your job is a policeman, you have to carry a gun. But just because you carry a gun doesn't mean you have to shot people for no reason. You shot people when they shot you (or going to shot you). You don't "preemptively" shot people just because you are hearing voice in your head. If you do too much of those "preemptive" shooting, someone else will shot you back. That is not how to make yourself safe.
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby lycan on Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:57 am

if you like your country then you should die for it if not then dont worry about it
if we all have a special someone then they should just show themselfs sooner so we dont have to look so hard
lycan
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Astarte on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:18 am

...to the beach.
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Mysti on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:44 pm

i was at the beach earlier. it was nice indeed.
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Chazoa on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:29 pm

lycan wrote:if you like your country then you should die for it if not then dont worry about it

Then comes a problem... Which do you prefer; Your life or your country?

I myself personally wouldn't risk my life for over 5 million people who would forget about me a week after I die, or never even hear my name.

And then the part of protecting a country? I think Nil was using a figure of speech, the stick in the street, to say you have a right to protect yourself but no right to go around attacking others. The US is doing just that.. going around attacking others.

If you want to die for over 5 million people who don't care, or want to die because your president messed up, go for it... I myself do not wish to do either.
Chazoa
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter